Roasted Chickpea Recipes
When you think of beans, if you’re like me you probably think of rice and beans or some Mexican recipe with salsa and cheese. But after recently buying a case of canned chickpeas at Costco, I’ve found that there are a lot of other ways to enjoy beans. My wife made me find some recipes to use up those “damn beans” but that’s another story.
A chickpea is also known as a garbanzo bean and they’re high in fiber and a good source of antioxidants. They’re also great for making hummus.
But you may not have known that chickpeas can be made into a healthy snack by roasting them. Next time you want to reach for a bag of chips, reach for some roasted chickpeas instead.
Here are my favorite recipes for roasted chickpeas:
Roasted Chickpeas Three Ways
- 1 can chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Mix chickpeas in a bowl with the olive oil until evenly coated
- Spread out chickpeas on a cookie sheet
- Cook for about 40 minutes or until chickpeas are crunchy
- Remove from cookie sheet and place in another bowl
- Add one of the below combos and mix well
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce